Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Idol

So I'll start by saying that we don't watch TV in this house. But for some reason I'm hooked on American Idol. I make my husband download it so I can watch it late at night while he kills bad guys on Halo. Maybe it's because Simon Cowell reminds me of my elder brother so much, and I need something to cling to at this late stage of pregnancy, but I'm loving it. It was the guys tonight. Until now I had 2 favorites - Jason Castro and Michael Johns. Jason is this absolutely beautiful young 20 yr old guy with a face that wouldn't look out of place in pre-raphaelite paintings. He comes across as very shy, timid and awkward, which could go against him, but he has the voice of an angel. Unique and empowering. Michael is everything I love about Ozzy blokes. He reminds me so much of my Australian friends back home in the UK, and sings in the same strong tones Michael Hutchinson did. I think he has a strong chance of winning. So those were my two. Then tonight, David Cook did one of the most amazing interpretations of a song I've ever heard. He took Lionel Richies "Hello" - and put an awesome rock spin on it. It was simply stunning. Here's the link courtesy of your friendly neighborhood youtube ;)